The winter has truly arrived in London and with Christmas just round the corner, I wanted to share this easy gingerbread cookies recipe. These cookies are perfect for the cold weather and the festive season. Not only are they simple to make but you can also have a lots of fun decorating them! Please let me know how you get on!
– 150g (approx 1.5 sticks) Cold unsalted butter
– 350g (approx 3 cups) Plain Flour
– 10g (2 tsb) Ground Ginger
– 5g (1 tsb)Bicarbanate of Soda / Baking Soda
– 150g (approx 0.75 cups) Light brown sugar
– 75g (approx 0.25 cups) Golden Syrup
– 1 x Large Egg
For the Icing:
– 125g (approx 1 cup) icing sugar
– 15ml (1 tbsp) warm water / add more 5ml at a time if needed.